James Built Saddlery Returns Policy
SADDLE RETURNS POLICY
It is important that your new saddle fits you and your horse. When your saddle arrives, please inspect it carefully, making sure it is the saddle you ordered. When saddling your horse for the first time, please use a clean saddle pad. In the case of a light colored or rough out saddle, wear an older, washed pair of jeans and ride the saddle one time to ensure it fits you and your horse.
Please realize that a new saddle requires a “break-in period”, and will not sit completely down on a horse’s back until it has been ridden in several times.
If you are not satisfied after the first ride, please return the saddle within thirty (30) days for a refund or exchange.
Before you ship the saddle back to us, please submit the following RETURNS & EXCHANGE FORM.
We will not accept COD courier or postage fees on returns.
- Original shipping and handling fees are not refundable.
- Full credit will only be given on a saddle if there are no signs of wear, dirt or use. A 25% restocking fee will be assessed on saddles not returned properly packed and protected for shipping or not returned in “like new” condition.
- A custom ordered saddle may not be returned. As a great deal of time has been expended on a custom order, we will only consider taking the saddle back on a consignment sale basis, charging a 20% sales commission fee.
RETURN POLICY FOR ALL OTHER GOODS
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, return the item to us within thirty (30) days from the time of purchase. We ask that you send the items back to us in the original packaging, and make sure that the merchandise is in the same condition that you received it.
- We will not accept COD courier or postage fees on returns.
- Original shipping and handling fees are not refundable.
- Full credit will only be given on merchandise if there are no signs of wear, dirt or use. A 25% restocking fee will be assessed on items not returned properly packed and protected for shipping or not returned in “like new” condition.
- Custom ordered merchandise may not be returned. As a great deal of time has been expended on a custom order, we will only consider taking the item back on a consignment sale basis, charging a 20% sales commission fee.
Before you ship the merchandise back to us, please submit the following RETURN AND EXCHANGE FORM.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT LEATHER
Unlike man-made textiles, we do not have an infinite source for certain leather whether it’s saddle skirting, harness leather, garment leather, colors, tones or finishes. So for each new production run of any merchandise found in our pages, there will be some differences. We do our best to source out same or similar leather, saddle skirting, etc., but after 30+ years in the business, we know this can’t always happen. Also, pictures don’t always pick up the correct color of an item. For an example, if you have a saddle that you are trying to match up saddlebags with, if the saddle is quite old or well used to the point we can’t really discern what the original color was, we will err on the matching with a darker color.
In order to eliminate unnecessary returns, please keep these points in mind.
James Built Saddlery Shipping Terms
James Built Saddlery is a partner with Canada Post for delivery of your purchase, and as such, we try to get the best rate available to us at this time for our customers. All packages are insured and trackable within Canada. Courier packages are also insurable and trackable to all destinations. Oversize or extra heavy parcels do not qualify for some of these special rates and will be identified in the item description as “oversize and not eligible for special rates”. These will be items such as:
- lunge whips
- large stable supplies such as forks
- gun scabbards
Kindly allow 7-10 working days for delivery to a valid address within Canada and the United States via Standard Canada Parcel Post. If you require your order faster than standard shipping, we have other options for you at great shipping rates. Please call for an accurate shipping quote on oversized items. Additional duties and taxes may apply to cross border orders.
We strive to deliver your orders in the quickest, most efficient method possible. The shipping method you select and the final destination, along with the type of item and its availability, are the key determining factors in how long it will take for you to get your order and how much it will cost to get there.
James Built Saddlery Payment Terms
Applicable Provincial sales tax will be added to prices. Use your PayPal account, Master-Card, or Visa and be prepared with the card #, expiration date, CVD security code and full name on the card.
Prices on this website are listed in Canadian Dollars. All orders and invoices are shown in Canadian Dollars. Orders will be processed in the order which they are received and in an efficient manner. Any exchange rate is applied on the date your purchase is completed. Please review your credit card statement for the charge in $US or Foreign Currency. The Customer is responsible for any and all related taxes or import duties for shipping outside of Canada. All orders are shipped directly from Tofield, Alberta, Canada, and international orders are not subject to Canadian federal Goods and Service Tax (GST).
Most international callers (outside North America) dial: 00 1 780-662-4980.
James Built Saddlery Pricing Policy
All orders and purchases made through this website are subject to the following:
- You agree to pay – You agree to pay for all charges noted herein as payable by you. All prices listed on this website are in Canadian dollars and all charges will be processed in Canadian dollars.
- Errors or Inaccuracies – While James Built Saddlery takes great care to ensure its advertising is accurate, errors and/or inaccuracies may occur. James Built Saddlery may correct errors or inaccuracies and change or update information on this website at any time without notice, including in respect of prices and availability of items.
- The items available on this website, and the prices for items on this website are not necessarily the same as the items and pricing within any physical James Built Saddlery store. Please note that online items are conditionally priced for online purchases only.